Welcome to O’Brien House!
Let us help you reach your goals!
O’Brien House saves lives and families from alcoholism and drug abuse through residential treatment and community outreach.
1. Caring for each person
2. Open-mindedness to others
3. Acceptance of the individual
4. Confidentiality among staff and clients
5. Honesty and sobriety as a way of life
6. Respect for each individual
7. Unconditional love
8. Spirituality and a dependence on a higher power
Leroy J. Colter, 83, passed away on Tuesday, April 9th, at home with the family he loved and who loved him. He was a proud 35-year friend of Bill W. and served on the board of directors here at O’Brien House. Leroy graduated from the LSU Journalism School, and he taught DWI school for the BR City Court for several years. He was a proud veteran of United States Marine Corps. Leroy touched the lives of so many, always striving to make a difference for our community as well as our country. Our thoughts, prayers, and condolences to his wife and family.
“Live, Loss, Hope”
“Prevention, Treatment, Hope”
Does your loved one Need Help?
With 40+ years of treatment experience, we understand the internal struggle you’re facing.
O’Brien House: Over 40 Years of Saving Lives
The O’Brien House was established in 1971 to serve adult recovering alcoholics and drug addicts. Named after Paul S. “Pat” O’Brien, one of our founders who spent 53 years of his life working with alcoholics and educating the public about the disease of alcoholism.
O’Brien House has expanded into a large campus that provides a comprehensive continuum of care that includes treatment, prevention and community development initiatives.
O’Brien House offers a comprehensive range of treatment programs focusing on four areas: Residential Treatment, Outpatient Treatment, Adult Education and Prevention Programs. Contact us today to find out more information about what we do here at Obrien House. We are here to help you, so give us a call today!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE DONATIONS:
- Click on the Butterfly below
- Select the amount you wish to donate, and if you would like for the donation to be a monthly recurring donation please click the “become a sustaining monthly donor” box.
- Complete the contact information (email address is required for receipt)
- **Only if you would like this donation to be in honor or in memory of someone, CLICK ON THE SENTENCE THAT SAYS, “MAKE THIS DONATION IN HONOR/MEMORY OF SOMEONE” and fill out appropriate info**.
- CLICK ON “Next” to go to payment info and complete your donation.
We provide assessment programs for
adults, young adults, and adolescents.
Recovery in Action!
CARF International has awarded O’Brien House a three year accreditation for the following programs:
Day Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
Residential Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
Prevention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
Prevention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
SUPPORT Comes From:
- Capital Area United Way
- Capital Area Human Services District
- Pennington Family Foundation
- Baton Rouge Area Foundation
- Reilly Family Foundation
- Huey & Angelina Wilson Foundation
- Access To Recovery (ATR) Grants
- Federal and State HUD Grants
- EBR City Parish Community Development
- HUNT Impact Program
- Corporate and Individual Donations
- Office of Behavioral Health
- Client Service Fees
O’Brien House Annual Report
If you’re interested in our DWI Program, call Krystal Feltman at 225-389-6408 or 225-315-7494. If you’re interested in our IOP classses, call Sharifa Price at 225-344-6345 ext. 107.
You can now support O’Brien House by logging in through the “AmazonSmile” portal. Purchases made will generate a donation of 0.5% or sometimes more at no cost and no inconvenience to you.
Donate up to 30% of your purchase price to Obrien House Inc. when you shop at 1800+ popular online retailers using Giving Assistant! It’s easy. Giving Assistant pays you cash back, and you choose how much of it you’d like to donate to us. Try it now and find great deals like JCPenny Coupons, as well as savings at great places like Bed Bath & Beyond and Home Depot!
Don't hate the addict, hate the disease. Don't hate the person, hate the behavior. If it's hard to watch it, imagine how hard it must be to live it. drugalcoholrecoverycenters.com