Adult Substance Education Program (ASEP)
Adult Substance Education Program (ASEP), is a component of the East Baton Rouge Parish DWI Diversion Program directed by District Attorney Hillar Moore. Orientation is every Monday at 4:30 pm in the Reilly Building located at 446 N 12th Street. Clients must attend orientation to enroll into the program. At orientation, you can choose either a Monday or Wednesday evening class. Classes are held from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Reilly Building.
Clients attend sessions for three (3) continuous weeks and submit to one (1) random urine drug screen during the three-week program.
The total fee for the three-week program, including the one (1) urine drug screen, is $325.00 which is due by the final class session.
Topics discussed during the six-week course include (but not limited to):
- The difference between social drinking, binge drinking, alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence.
- Family roles in addiction
- Knowing your limit (BAC levels and Tolerance)
- Effective decision making
- Video and discussion on choices/consequences
- Denial / Personal Responsibility / Responsible Decisions
We look forward to servicing your needs
A positive person anticipates happiness, health and success, and believes he or she can overcome any obstacle and difficulty. Remez Sasson